- Set priorities for what you will do now, next year, and in five years.
- Establish goals, objectives and activities with dates, steps, and measures for success.
- Identify the partners and resources, internally and in the community, who can help you succeed.
- Meet regularly with your team to discuss what works, what doesn’t, and how to improve your effort.
Communicate often and in many ways to reach everyone at work.
- Encourage participation.
- Share successes with employees and leadership.
- Wellness messages from leaders at all levels are vital in a culture of health.
Evaluate how you are meeting your goals and objectives.
- Develop a dashboard of key measures to communicate progress.
- Track employee participation, satisfaction, and health risk status.
- Measure health care costs, safety, productivity, and cultural change.