Uninterrupted work can make employees sleepy or raise their stress, reducing productivity. Find ways to let employees know “We move around here.”
Embrace a variety of activities:
- Encourage desk and chair exercises.
- Create walking or jogging groups or clubs.
- Offer onsite fitness classes or personal fitness training.
- Fuel “healthy competition” with physical activity contests or campaigns.
- Plan walking meetings.
- Promote a 10-minute Instant Recess video physical activity break.
- Promote use of stairs rather than elevators or escalators.
- Promote walking during breaks.