Physical activity is not only fun, but it can improve our health and spirit. Time can be a barrier to getting daily physical activity. Employers of all sizes and types can help employees find time by turning the daily commute into a step toward wellness:
- Install bike racks to motivate employees to ride to work.
- Take a walking audit to find out how to make it safe to walk to and around work.
- Subsidize transit passes to increase employee walking—and qualify for a state tax credit.
- Share community walking, biking, or transit maps with employees.
- Engage in community transportation planning to expand physical activity opportunities beyond your worksite.
Success Stories from Across Oregon
Standing Stone Brewery: A free bike program helps and Ashland restaurant attract and retain workers.