During an average work day most employees eat at least one meal, and maybe a snack or two. Consider ways to make workplace food or beverage choices an investment in wellness:
- When offering refreshments at meetings or events, choose energy boosters, like water and fresh fruit.
- Have vending machine operators stock healthy items, prominently placed at a competitive price.
- When contracting with a cafeteria vendor, require appropriate portion sizes and healthful food preparation.
- List calorie counts at decision points to promote healthier purchases.
- Market the healthy food and beverage options at your worksite with signs, samples, or subsidies.
Success Stories from Across Oregon
Pittman & Brooks: Healthy food and walking challenges energize accounting firm employees.