Understand your health culture. Ask your wellness committee how to involve everyone in creating a healthy worksite.
Work with your team to ask, listen, and learn from colleagues and leaders:
- What are the benefits of a healthy worksite?
- What would motivate you to help create a healthier workplace?
- What needs to change to make our worksite healthy?
Collect information in a variety of ways:
- Assess how your policies, practices, and environment can support employee health.
- Survey the interests and needs of management and other employees.
- Monitor employee participation in and satisfaction with your wellness program.
- Understand workforce issues through an overview of medical, workers’ compensation, and disability claims; sick leave; and health risks.
Use information you collect as a baseline. Draw on it to set priorities and measure progress.