Two-thirds of Oregon adults live with an ongoing health issue like diabetes, heart disease, cancer, or arthritis. Empower them to manage their health challenges:
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a six-week workshop that covers physical activity, healthy eating, safe use of medication, communications, and pain management.
- Arthritis Foundation exercise programs lead gentle exercise in communities across Oregon.
- Walk with Ease is a six-week group program with a trained leader.
- The Oregon Tobacco Quit Line offers free coaching and medications to help people quit tobacco.
- A discounted workplace weight management program encourages employees to reach and maintain a healthy weight. Ask your insurer if a program is available.
- Breathe Well, Live Well can help employees manage asthma.
- Pathways to Manage Cancer in the Workplace is a practical guide for employers.
- Flu shots are particularly important for employees with chronic conditions.
- Employees or their loved ones can benefit from Healthy Aging Programs, ranging from Tai Chi to strength training.